Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Weekend Recap

I know it is now Wednesday, but hey..better late than never!


Saturday we hit the lake early with our friends Matt and Amanda.  We had a blast, but it was HOT! We only lasted a couple of hours before we all had to head back in.

 My family
:)

Caroline passed out on the car ride home!

 Brad and I were getting dinner ready when we noticed this sweet girl treating herself to some blueberries

We had such a fun, yet low key Saturday.  We were all tucked  in our beds by 7:30 pm!!!!  I think being on the go all summer is finally starting to catch up with us.  I would be lying if I said I was not counting down the days until fall!

We have been looking for a new church.  The drive to our previous church really held us back from being as involved as we would have loved to have been.  With Brad driving to and from Charlotte Monday-Friday and then TWICE  on Sundays, it was getting a bit out of hand.  Many people have told me to embrace the car ride as a time to spend with your children.  They have clearly never been in a car with a hungry, kicking and screaming 1 year old diva, nor have they tried to hold a conversation with Grant.  It is a one way convo! :)



After church we came home, ate and TRIED to get the kids to take a nap.  The joke was obviously on us!  Can I just tell you that we were home from church by 11:25. It felt like a dream come true!  Finding a church closer to home will hopefully let us enjoy more moments like this with our two kids.






We had a fun but yet so relaxing weekend that we all four desperately needed!


No comments: