Friday, November 26, 2010

I am thankful for..

We have so much to be thankful for, that there is no way I could ever put it all in words.  Here are some of the things we sing praise to that happened to us this year:


We Moved!- To Denver, and we LOVE it!  We are still close enough to the city but yet still so far away.  We have plenty of space and couldn't be happier!


We found a Church!- PTL!!!  I joined Northside and Brad "re-joined" in March.  Brad has been a member his whole life, and even went to school there.  We love it.  It is a good drive from our house, but I think it gives us some much needed family time on Sunday mornings as we make our drive in. Brad  plays in the orchestra, he toots his horn as I like to say.  We volunteer in the Nursery every month.  Most importantly, we know who is taking care of the kiddos!  Both Grant and Caroline have AWESOME Sunday School teachers, we are so thankful for them.


Family Vacations-  This year, we went to the Beach multiple of times, visited Durham (something else we are thankful for) Atlanta and we also went to Bay Tree Lake.

Bay Tree Lake with my family for the 4th
Atlanta, Outside the Braves Game!
One of our trips to Sunset Beach, NC


Duke-  enough said, but I will say some more! :)  I know this is falling off the tree a bit, but it is something important to my family, and close to our heart...none the less something we are extremely proud of...WE ARE NATIONAL CHAMPIONS!!....In April we took a trip to Durham to purchase our National Championship t-shirt in person.  This has become a tradition in my family. I hope one day to do it with my kids,because they WILL be Duke fans.  We even got an extra treat this year.  We went into Cameron and greeted the team as they arrived back from Indy..is was super cool! :)



Our health-  I am proud to say everyone in this household is HEALTHY.  I am writing this as I have a stomach bug, but you know what I mean.  I am EXTREMELY grateful for this.  I have been hearing some pretty bad news lately regarding health issues, and I pray that our father watches over us this winter.

I am forever thankful for..

Caroline-  In June we welcomed a 7lbs 14oz healthy baby girl.  I know I say this over and over, but she is just such a blessing.  I secretly prayed for a girl.  Don't get me wrong, I would have been over the moon with a boy too, but what mom doesn't dream of hair bows, dresses, playing princess, and future shopping trips?! She is so precious.  I hope one day, her and I have the kind of relationship my mom and I have.




Grant-  My sweet monkey turned 2 this year..SNIFF SNIFF.  Where is the time going?  He is the sweetest, cutest, and funniest little boy.  He is growing like a weed, and becoming such a "little boy."  He is into dinosaurs, cars and baseball.  I really can't believe how fast he is growing, it seems like yesterday we were hearing "It's a BOY!"  He is such a daddy's boy, but when he is tired or hurt he longs for his momma (melt my heart!)  He is just now breaking into the "terrible two's" though it has been rough, I expected a lot worse.  He is such a sweetie, I love him to pieces.


My husband-  I am so very thankful for this man, words could never describe.  He is the compete back bone of our family.  He is a dedicated worker, a wonderful father, and an awesome husband.  He has given me the greatest gift Grant  and Caroline. I am thankful for his parents, that they raised him into a Godly man.  He has made sacrifices so I could be a stay at home mom, and never have to miss a beat with my kids, and I am forever grateful.

Painting Caroline's room

 I have to much to be Thankful for, I am sure I left something out.  I can only hope that next year is half the year 2010 was. 
 Happy Thanksgiving!

No comments: