Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Heartache

     Today my heart is aching.  Just six weeks after being diagnosed my dad lost his battle with Pancreatic Cancer.  Though, I did have time to prepare for this, it still hurts beyond belief.  I got the phone call from my mom at 4:30 am and I just knew.  I knew why she was calling, and I prepared myself before I even called her back. As happy as I am that I got 26 years with my dad, I'm greedy to say I want 26 more!  After I hung up the phone with my mom I  layed in bed, imagining him being greeted by his mom, dad and sister.  It seriously brought a smile to my face.

     I want to thank everyone for the phone calls, e-mails, and text messages.  It has helped me through one of the worst memories of my life.  During my heartache,  I am content knowing that God now holds and comforts my dad in way no one here ever could.

No comments: