Wednesday, June 1, 2011

One year ago today..

One year ago today I was doing this..



and Brad and Grant were doing this..


and this was Grant's last day as an only child..


I had my routine 38 week appointment on June 1st, 2010.  When I say I did not sleep a wink the night before this day, I absolutely mean I DID NOT SLEEP A WINK!  At this point I had been awake for over  28 hours.  All night long I was having serious back pains.  Nothing Tylenol, a heating pad or a warm bath could even touch.  In my mind I knew that it could be back labor, but I just thought maybe it was Caroline moving down getting in position.  Brad stayed home, because I knew with the lack of sleep I could not drive myself to my 8am appointment safely.  The plan was for him to go to work after. Ha!

The doctor proceeded to tell me that I looked rough!!! (ya think?!?!)  Our original date of induction (June 4th) got scratched and we were to report to Labor and Delivery at noon following our doctors appointment!!

When we arrived at the hospital, my thoughts of back labor were confirmed after being hooked up to the monitors.  I was indeed having contractions.

We were just hours away from meeting a little girl, who would make our hearts so full!!

No comments: