Sunday, April 17, 2011

Shopping, Storms and a Birthday!

     Saturday (at 7am!) my mom and I headed to the Belk Charity event.  This was a our first year participating, and now that we have a charity very close to our heart we knew we wanted to attend!  My mom purchased $5 tickets from the Serenity House, where my dad currently is.  The Serenity House got to keep our $5 dollars, and when we shopped at Belk that morning we received $5 off each purchase.  It was a  win-win situation!  From our understanding, there are many Charity's that participated that day.  Belk calculates all the money they received between the hours of 6am-10am that morning and divided it up between all the Charity's that were involved.  Not to mention the crazy sales they were having that morning!!!  They do this twice a year, April and November.  We will definitely be doing this again!!
     Did I mention Brad kept BOTH, yes I repeat BOTH kids while I was out with my mom that morning???? Can you believe it? I think this was his 2nd or 3rd time with both kids at home.  I am happy to report both kids were still breathing when I arrived back!! :)

     We had some CRAZY storms roll through the area as I was heading home from the mall.  I had to pull over on the side of the road because I literally could not see a thing.  Thankfully they were not as bad as the storms that ripped thru Eastern N.C.

     Saturday night we headed to Lineberger's Steak House in Mooresville to celebrate Brad's Grandma Betty's 75th Birthday!  They have an A-MAZ-ING salad bar!!!  I did not get many pictures because I was chasing around a 2 year old little boy! If you are wondering why there is NOT ONE picture of Grant, it's because the turkey would not stay still long enough, and momma was TIRED!!
The birthday girl, Caroline and Papaw Bob
Uncle Wes, Aunt Joc and Caroline

Some of the family

Happy Birthday Grandma Betty!!

No comments: