Saturday, May 7, 2011

Happy Mother's Day Momma!

Today I got to celebrate Mother's Day with my sweet mom!  Brad watched BOTH kids, yes both kids, while my mom and I enjoyed shopping and lunch.  As much as I love bringing Grant and Caroline out to all of out outings, it was nice to enjoy and actually get to eat my lunch while holding an adult conversation with my mom.

My mom means the world to me. I can only pray I am at least half the mom to Grant and Caroline as my mom is to my brother and I. She is my very best friend, and I pray Caroline and I have the same type of relationship.  She welcomed Brad into our family with open arms, and continues to love him as if he was her own child.  I was in labor a total of 36 hours with both G & C and my mom never once left the hospital room, not until both babies were born.   We all know there is no one else you want to see other then your mom, when you are in pain!

When I was younger, she unselfishly gave up her week nights and weekends to attend all my my sporting events.  She was my taxi driver, my cook, and even cleaned my room while we were in school.  Now that I am the maid, cook and taxi driver too,  I appreciate her even more.  Being a mom is hard work, a job that never ends. I'm so blessed I have her as a role model.  I learn from her every day and admire all her hard work she has done for us over the years. 

I love every minute I get to spend with her, and now I know every second must be cherished.  I unfortunately have learned we are never promised tomorrow.  I know she is reading this, and probably crying too..haha!  I love you more than you'll ever know mom.  Thanks for all you have done, and continue to do.  You are such an inspiration to Brad, Grant, Caroline and I.

:)

No comments: